When we get your complaint, we will first check that it:
- is about a subject and organisation that we can look at
- has gone through the right complaints process
- has arrived at our office within 12 months of when the issues in your complaint happened
- has enough detail and paperwork for us to get to work on it.
We can’t look at complaints:
- about issues that happened more than a year ago (unless there are special circumstances)
- about employment, personnel or most contractual matters
- that have been taken to court or a tribunal.
Read more about our role here.
Unhappy with our decision?
- Freephone adviceline 0800 377 7330
- Online form www.spso.org.uk/online-contact
- In person 4 Melville Street, Edinburgh, EH3 7NS (see our Contact Us page for a map)
- By post Freepost SPSO (this is all you need to write on the envelope, and you don't need to use a stamp)
- Fax 0800 377 7331
Information about how we meet different needs: accessibility
Updated: April 6, 2016